Have you seen these “Egg cups” on Pinterest?
it’s okay if you haven’t, because you are about to hear all about them. I love these so much. They are easy to do for a large group, and are seriously delicious. They also make for SUPER easy breakfast sandwiches. As an extra bonus, they are only 100 calories each! If you haven’t decided to try them by now, I don’t know what to say to convince you. I make it a little differently than Lindsay over at thesimpledelights.com (but props to her for posting the idea!)
Egg Cups (for 12)
- 12 Eggs
- 12 Slices of Thin Deli Ham (or any lunch meat) [could even use bacon or cooked sausage]
- 1/2 c. Shredded Cheese (I just use whatever we have around the house, it’s usually Colby jack or Mexican blend)
- Cajun Seasoning (or Salt and Pepper)
- Preheat oven to 400*F, and spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Lay one slice of meat in each hole (don’t worry about trying to make it perfect, once you fill them, they will conform to the muffin holes).
- Add in any veggies you might want (I choose not to, but if you like tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, and cooked spinach, you might add those.
- Crack one egg into each muffin tin, sprinkle with Cajun seasoning (I use this instead of plain salt and pepper because it has more flavor) and top with cheese.
- Bake the eggs for about 14 minutes (you’re looking for the white and yolk to be done, but not hard)
- Remove from pan and enjoy!
NOTE: These can be both frozen and refrigerated for later use. I am not sure how long they last in either place because they never last long enough for me to see if they go bad!
I hope you love it! Let me know if you have any tips!